A Vegan Pumpkin Recipe That's Healthy AND Delicious
This week, we’re content-swapping with our friends at HBFIT! Short for Health Beauty Fitness, HBFIT is the brainchild of DJ, fitness lover, and all-around cool girl Hannah Bronfman and your guide to living a healthy, green juice–fuelled life. The HBFIT team will be writing about health, fitness, and Halloween candy on Byrdie, and you can head over to HBFIT to see a new beauty story from us each day (including but not limited to our editorial director’s fall skincare routine and all the ways you can use pumpkin in your beauty routine). On day two of our week of wellness and beauty, the HBFIT team is sharing a delicious recipe for vegan pumpkin muffins. File under fall recipes to master stat.
Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
Halloween is in the air, and we’re loving all of the delicious holiday flavours here at HBFIT. Filled with our favourite spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice, these vegan pumpkin muffins are perfectly sweet and fluffy without any eggs or dairy. We can’t wait for you guys to try out this simple recipe and dig into these vegan treats. The muffins will just give you another reason to love pumpkin season. Be careful—we can never just eat one.
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/3 tsp. cloves
2/3 cups soy milk
2 tbsp. molasses
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. allspice
1 cup pumpkin purée
1/2 cup canola oil
1. Sift together dry ingredients in a small bowl
2. Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl using a hand mixer.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix thoroughly using mixer.
4. Spray 6-count large muffin pan any oil spray or use cupcake liners.
5. Bake at 160°C degrees for 30 to 35 minutes, rotating once during baking.
6. Insert toothpick near the middle. If it comes out clean, it is ready.
7. Cool completely, and store in an airtight container. Serve and enjoy!
Click over to HBFIT to see all the ways you can use pumpkin in your beauty routine!