Naomi Watts' Trainer Shares 5 Moves for Killer Abs
There’s no denying Naomi Watts is a natural beauty. Her red carpet lipstick choices alone have inspired us to indulge in some online shopping sprees — how could we forget her glossy rose pucker at Cannes and that epic red lipstick moment at the Golden Globes last year. Looking beyond her many memorable makeup moments, we’ve also long admired that the busy actress continuously carves out time to stay in such phenomenal shape. So, as we charge through January with a new found respect and dedication to strengthening our core, there’s no better time like the present to share Burn 60 Studios' ab workout credited to achieving both her and Reese Witherspoon's toned stomachs.
According to Burn 60 trainers, “The abs are made up of two broad categories of muscles. One group of smaller muscles that holds everything in and together, and the big ones that create movement and are visible to show off all of the hard work that you have done in the form of a shredded midsection. Five exercises ensure that you address both groups of muscle to keep your waist small and that 6-pack visible.”
While the first exercise Burn 60 team shared with us is pretty straight-forward, the others are slightly more advanced. Keep scrolling to see all 5 and follow along with these helpful step-by-step tutorials at home to ensure proper alignment.
Stirring The Pot
- Hold a light weight out in front of you
- We like 1-3 kilo range like Reebok Soft Grip Hand Weight ($32) because they are small and easy to grip.
- Imagine stirring a giant pot with a giant spoon and move the weight in a clockwise direction for 30 seconds
- Reverse direction for another 30 seconds
- Set up in a plank position on your hands and feet facing down
- Hold for 30 seconds
- Do a series of 20 mountain climbers
- Engage the abs by adding a little crunch to the movement
- Alternate between these for 3 minutes
- Start off in a side plank and hold for 30 seconds
- Switch sides and hold for 30 seconds
- Lay on your back with knees bent and feet flat on the ground
- Raise your hips toward the ceiling focusing on squeezing your glutes while drawing your belly button in
Do you have a favourite ab workout? Let us know what moves you swear by in the comments!