Jennifer Lawrence Is Having a Carrie Bradshaw Moment at the Oscars
There have been some seriously stellar beauty moments at this year's Oscar awards: Margot's custom Chanel dress, Rita Moreno's killer hair accessory. But I think I speak for most when I say that Jennifer Lawrence's curls were the real star. The actress didn't shy away from natural body, forgoing undone waves for Carrie Bradshaw-inspired ringlets instead.
I asked iconic hairdresser and expert Kevin Murphy to explain the best way you can achieve the same look at home, product recommendations and all. If you're as obsessed as I am, keep scrolling for the complete J-Law hair how-to.
- After shampooing, apply Kevin Murphy Anti-Gravity Spray ($40) through damp hair.
- Rough dry with a paddle brush until completely dry.
- Take 1-inch sections of hair. Start at the bottom and flat wrap them around a medium size hot tong. Be sure to always keep the root flat.
- Leave hair to cool down before touching or breaking.
- Spray lightly with Kevin Murphy Session Spray ($37).
- Once hair is cool, comb through with a wide-tooth comb to break up the curl. Be as gentle as you want to keep it mostly intact.
- Tip your head upside down and apply Doo Over ($43) to create dry texture.
- Flip hair upside down and let it fall into a middle part.