A Delicious-Smelling Bath Bomb Recipe to Make Tonight
Indie Lee, founder and CEO of her namesake natural skincare collection, has created another DIY for us featuring her favourite winter ingredient: peppermint. After all, what better time to treat yourself than after surviving yet another year of holiday craziness?
Follow the instructions below to create your own bath bombs at home!
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
2 tbsp. jojoba oil
5 drops of peppermint essential oil
5 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
5 drops of lemon essential oil
1 tbsp. witch hazel
1. Before starting, search your cupboards for a cute holiday mould or cookie cutter to shape your bombs in.
2. Grab the baking soda and citric acid and combine them in a large mixing bowl.
3. Lightly pour in the jojoba oil, immediately followed by essential oils. You will know you mixed well enough once you have a smooth mixture.
4. Now add the witch hazel into that mixture but make sure you consistently stir while doing so to prevent the ingredients from fizzing.
5. Once all of those ingredients are saturated enough to cluster together, you can now firmly press the mixture into your molds.
6. Allow your bombs to dry for three to four hours before removing.
7. Recipe will make six to 10 bath bombs, depending on size of the mould you choose.
8. Add one to two bath bombs to a warm bath and enjoy your creations!
9. Lastly, be mindful of their shelf life! Use these within three months and store in an airtight container.
Have you ever made your own bath bombs? Let us know your recipe below!