Khloe Kardashian's Trainer Shares His #1 Move for a Tighter Booty
You’d have to be living under a rock not to notice Khloe Kardashian’s insane body transformation over the past year. Images of her (and her booty) have been plastered seemingly everywhere online. Whether you're a Kardashian friend or foe, that Complex cover was the most stunning workout motiviation we've seen in a long time. We couldn't be more interested in HOW she got her body to where it is now. To our delight, her insanely busy personal trainer, Gunnar Peterson, was happy to chat with us about his favourite move to get a tighter booty and, yes, that hourglass shape complete with a slimmed waist. Though it should be noted, he stands by his assertion that it wasn’t him but rather Khloe’s hard work and dedication that got her body to the level it’s at today.
Keep scrolling for Gunnar’s insane lateral raise routine. Just remember, we never said this was going to be easy! Your body will thank us later.
Gunnar's Dumbbell Side Lunge Lateral Raise
Supplies: Good sneakers + two dumbbells (2 - 3 kilos)
1. Stand up, feet together, dumbbells by your sides.
2. Now step out with your left leg and bend down with the other knee keeping your right leg pointed, and both feet pointed straight forward.
3. Gently bring your hips down slightly and flank your right foot with one dumbbell on each side (one dumbbell should be on either side of the right foot but not touching the ground). Make sure to keep your left leg straight out, near parallel to the ground.
4. Drive hard with your left leg and explode up.
5. Return to start position then with slightly bent knees and a tiny dip in the hip, pop up to your tip toes as you raise both dumbbells to your sides breaking parallel to the floor. (Just picture the "king of the world" scene in Titanic.)
6. Be sure to lower both arms with control as you place your feet completely back on the floor.
7. Now lunge on your right side and repeat.
Gunnar shared why this particular lunge is so awesome for the booty, saying, “You’re going to get a lot of gluteus medius work. That adds to the roundness on the side of your butt. It isn’t what makes it pop out on your backside and look larger, but what makes it look even and full.”
Gunnar, whose impressive roster of current clients also happens to include Kendall Jenner and Kate Beckinsale, says that “by working shoulders with raises, you’ll accentuate the curve and narrowness of your waist. The hourglass shape starts with shoulder work.”
There's one myth out there Gunnar wants to clear up. He does not subscribe to the "Don’t lift anything over three pounds" rule, stating, “While this appeals to women who are intimidated by lifting heavy weight, it doesn’t make sense. That’s like saying don’t lift up your five-kilo child.” Gunnar advocates women instead push themselves to break out of the two to three kilo range and be sure to maintain a weight that’s still challenging. He laughs off claims that women should fear any risk of bulking up, stating, "There's not enough testosterone in women's genetic makeup for them to be worrying about getting bulky from weights."
And there you have it. How to get a booty that pops might not be easy or for the faint of heart, but it IS possible to achieve without surgery. Still intimidated by the thought of anything heavier in your hand? Start with three kilo weights and work your way up to something heavier like Celsius' Neoprene 5-Kilo Dumbbells ($24.99).
What do you think of these lunges? Would you try Gunnar's booty move? Have you already? Sound off below!