The Simple 5-Step Makeup Look You’ll Wear All Winter
Winter isn't my favourite time of year for hitting the town. There's the whole psyching myself into abandoning the sofa thing, and then there's the annoyance that is the cloak room. (Call me cheap but I object to paying $5 to hang my coat up.) That said, one thing that always gets me excited to go out in place of watching yet another episode of whatever I'm bingeing on (yes—I am still here Netflix), is fresh makeup inspiration. If you ask me, the confidence (and compliments!) a well executed makeup look can foster trumps warmth.
Official makeup artist for Chanel Australia, Victoria Baron, must feel the same way because she has delivered into our respective laps a look so insanely gorgeous, it's reason alone to make evening plans. Inspired by Chanel's new summer collection, it's a combination of lush bronze-y lids and glossy wine-stained lips. Think: Euro-summer-meets-Aussie-winter in the most perfect, elevated way. Even better, it's simple to recreate.
Keep scrolling to peep for the how-to on this stunning makeup look.
- Prep skin by cleansing with Chanel’s Lait Confort ($59), a creamy cleansing milk that cleans and hydrates the skin, leaving it radiant and glowing. (It’s perfect for transforming dry winter skin that’s been exposed to heating, wind and temperature change.)
- Moisturise with the brand’s new La Solution 10 De Chanel ($132). This cream is a new essential of my kit. It’s perfect for sensitive skin, and for the first time there’s a real transparency with only 10 ingredients used. This simple and extremely nourishing formula is the perfect base for foundation and for creating a glowing complexion.
- Get lips hydrated—and ready for lipstick—
by treating them with Hydra Beauty Nutrition Nourishing Lip Care ($54).
- Now that skin has been prepped and hydrated, apply a light coverage of Les Beige Healthy Glow Foundation SPF 25 ($89) with a foundation brush then blend it into the skin with clean fingers.
- Sweep the golden beige shadow in Chanel's Creation Exclusive Les 4 Ombres Empreinte Du Desert Apple ($98) across lids, and intensify with the dark brown shade along both top and bottom lashlines.
- Highlight the inner and outer corners of the eyes with the yellow gold shadow in the same palette.
- Curl lashes and coat with Le Volume De Chanel Mascara ($54) in Mirage for volume.
- Add a flush and highlight to the cheekbones with Les Beiges Healthy Glow Multi Colour Duo ($84) in No 2.
- Swipe Levres Scintillantes Aqua Glossimer ($49) in 608 Dzhari on lips for just-bitten colour and sheen.
- Prep hair with Oribe’s Foundation Mist from roots to ends, the mist the brand’s Volumista Mist for Volume from roots to mid-lengths for body.
- Blowdry using Babyliss Pro's Rapido Hair Dryer ($230) and fingers for added texture.
- Curl ends with the brand's Belle Curling Tong ($110) to add movement.
- Once cool, shake curls out, then spray ends with Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray to finish.