Byrdie Is Hiring Fall Interns!
Byrdie is currently seeking editorial interns to begin in September 2014. We’re looking for candidates with a strong interest in both beauty and writing, who are organised, efficient, work well in a fast-paced environment, and looking to grow as a writer. Our unique internship program offers participants the ability to learn about all aspects of this online magazine and media company, while gaining experience as an online journalist.
Position: Editorial Intern
• Assist the team with market research and sample requests.
• Work with the editors to research, transcribe, and write a variety of features.
• Organise and maintain the beauty closet.
• Keep an eye on celebrity images to identify trends.
• Must be extremely resourceful with a can-do attitude that thrives in an entrepreneurial fast-paced environment.
• Must have the ability to work calmly under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
• Must have strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise within a multi-tasking environment
• Must be flexible and have the ability to take direction well, but also have the ability to work proactively and provide self-direction
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of celebrities, models, tastemakers—makeup artists and hairstylists don’t hurt!
Byrdie Beauty is located in Los Angeles and candidates must currently be in school.
Submit a cover letter and resume to BeautyInternship@byrdie.com with the subject line "Internship.”