Fit GIFs: 3 Moves to Get Arms Like Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's
The body of a dancer is truly extraordinary—long, lean, and insanely strong, all at the same time. Truth be told, we'd love to look like a dancer without the years and years of training, and guess what? Now we can.
Simone De La Rue decided to create an exercise technique, called Body by Simone, which provides a solid foundation based in dance, but you most definitely don’t have to be a dancer to do them. Each workout is broken down into its most basic components, so even those with two left feet can make it work. Plus, each move, repetition, and workout is created to safeguard against injuries (and boredom!).
“Dancing is a whole-body activity,” De La Rue explains, “and with that in mind, I created workouts that use all your muscles from head to toe each time you exercise.” It’s no wonder her clients include the likes of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Reese Witherspoon, Emily Blunt, and Chrissy Teigen.
Keep scrolling for three fitness GIFs to target and tone your arms (as well as a few other necessary muscles at the same time).
1. Start in the perfect plank with your wrists underneath your shoulder and elbows slightly bent.
2. Take one hand off the floor, and tap your shoulder.
3. Place your hand back down and replace with the other hand.
4. Then, with both hands down, lower your body to the mat, and press back up. Be sure to tuck your tail under and engage your core to protect your lower back.
5. Repeat three sets of 10.
Muscle worked: shoulders, chest, core, and back
1. Start in the perfect plank. Correct form is essential for this exercise.
2. As you engage your core, lift your arm and opposite leg off the ground at the same time.
3. Hold for two seconds, place back down onto the mat, and repeat on the other side. For a more advanced hold, go for five seconds on each side.
4. Repeat three sets of 10.
Muscles worked: shoulders, chest, core, back, glutes, and hamstrings
1. Start sitting on your backside. Place your hands underneath you, with your fingertips facing your heels.
2. Come up into a bridge. Take one foot off and rest it on top of your knee.
3. Lower down into your triceps dip. As you extend back up, kick your leg up to the ceiling.
4. Lower the leg and body into a dip, and repeat. Make sure to swap sides.
5. Repeat three sets of 20 reps on each side.
Muscles worked: triceps, biceps, glutes, and hamstrings
What sort of fit GIFs do you want to see next? Tell us below!